7/31/17

Bag Ladies of the Fat Quarter Club: July Linky Party

Holy Moley! I almost forgot the Bag Ladies Linky Party. It must be the heat of July affecting what little brain I have left. Hand-stitching is a great way to spend a hot day in July. Who needs a bulky quilt sitting in their lap when a little strand of embroidery floss keeps us so cool? Add a glass of iced tea, and there's no better way to spend a warm afternoon.

Cat Patches

Today, it's time to celebrate Mildred, so come on! Let's party! Mildred even brought the ice cream!


Everyone who links up will be eligible to win this fabulous prize! It's a magnetic needle threader from Puffin & Company. We've been seeing a lot of Shasta Swallowtails here at the Three Cats Ranch, and so this month, we'll be playing for the butterfly. These are especially created for long-eyed needles and embroidery floss.


Here's what you need to do to win:

1. Link up below showing us your progress on whatever Bag Lady you happen to be stitching; it doesn't have to be Mildred. You don't have to finish your block to link up, however, you should have taken at least a stitch or two. Please link using the URL to your blog post, not your entire blog. If you don't have a blog, please feel free to post an image to our FlickR group, click on your image, and use that URL to link up.

2. In order to win, I need a way to contact you. If you aren't sure, please include your email address in a comment below. To avoid becoming spam bait do it in this format: yourname at yourserviceprovider dot com.

And that's it! Pretty short and simple. I'll keep this linky open until Friday, August 4, 2017, at midnight (PDT). Winner will be announced sometime during the day on Saturday.

Now, I can't wait to see your bag ladies!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

These ladies all have such character. You have made me think on how to make her mouth a little more 'subtle'.

Kate said...

Congrats on another finish. These ladies are such fun.

gpc said...

They are so cute, I'm glad you introduced me to them. Mine is slow going . . . I am hoping there will be more sit and stitch time when summer is over. :)

Lynette said...

Yeah, these bag ladies really are a lot of fun to see as they emerge. And Mildred's A-OK in my book, bringing the ice cream like that. :)

Brown Family said...

I am having problems posting Mildred. I have put in my name and url and when I click next, I selected a picture, but it keeps looping back to that screen

Brown Family said...

Never mind! It took as some point. It I end up with more than one entry, let me know how to delete them!

Judy1522 said...

I decided to not make her mouth quite so subtle and gave her bright red lipstick.