Before I could finish, I needed to pick a fabric for the narrow stop border. I auditioned a few different colors. I had a bright orange-red, but that was totally wrong. Then I tried a yellow, and decided that was distractingly bright. Finally, I settled on this dark purple.
There were still four cornerstones to make with fused yellow moons. The purple was complimentary to the yellow, and I had enough to use for the binding as well. Once I had the cornerstones cut, I turned around to fuse the moons when, uh-oh. Someone has taken to sleeping on the sewing chair whenever it's available. I put that pillow there a few months back to boost myself up a couple of inches, and now Smitty thinks it's the most divine napping place in the whole house.
He has his very own catnip-laced bed in the sewing room, however, and so I convinced him to nap there while I sewed.
With the feline obstacle removed, I was able to finish making my cornerstones.
Then I took a short break, and when I came back...sigh.
So I moved him once again...this is getting to be a part of the process...and went to work sewing on the two borders.
And there it is. One finished quilt top.
As it turns out, it's good that I ended up buying that Laurel Burch fabric twice because I had just enough for the border and for the quilt back.
I'll probably take a little break from sewing for the next couple of days. I'm going to be cooking and cleaning. Any sewing I do between now and the end of the month is going to take the form of quilting the Gardener's Journal quilt. It seems unlikely that I'll get the quilting finished before the end of the month, but I'm going to give it a try.
And now I need to get going on a German potato salad. We're having it for dinner tonight, and those potatoes aren't going to cook themselves.